MAC - Enabling Location Services
Follow these steps to enable location services in OS X
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- If the padlock icon in the lower left is locked (), click it and enter an admin name and password to unlock it ().
- Select Location Services.
- Check the "Enable Location Services" checkbox.
Apps that you have allowed to use Location Services appear in the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy preferences. Checkboxes show whether Location Services is turned on or off for an app. If you don’t want to allow Location Services for one or more apps, you can deselect (uncheck) the checkbox next to an app's name. If you turn Location Services off for an app, you are prompted for permission the next time that app requests to use your location data.
IOS - How to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select an option:Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.While Using the App: Allows access to Location Services only when the app or one of its features is visible on screen. If an app is set to While Using the App, you might see your status bar turn blue with a message that an app is actively using your location.Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
From here, apps should provide an explanation of how the app will use your location information. Some apps might offer only two options